Welcome to SIS 640 Session 2 blog for International Communication, Fall 2013. For those new to WordPress, please take some time to review the instructions.
1) Login to WordPress using your email and password.
2) Create your profile. On the left-hand menu, go to Users / “My Profile” and add your First Name, Last Name, and Display Name (this will be shown on the blog). Feel free to add a picture as well.
3) To create a blog post, use the menu on the left to go to “Posts” and click on “Add New”
4) Enter the title of your post. You can be as creative as you want, but be sure to put your name right after (e.g. “My thoughts on the Historical Context of IC – Cathryn P.”)
5) Write the body of your post in the large text box below the title field. HTML can be used by clicking “Text” on the top-right corner of the text box.
6) Select the category of your post (organized by reading due date) on the right side bar (e.g. “Sept 2 Readings”). This is to keep our posts organized.
7) Click “Publish” to add your new post to the blog.
8) To edit your posts once published, you can access them via your Dashboard under Posts / “All Posts” at any time.
9) To comment on a post, click on the title of the post and write your comments below. If you’re not logged in to WP, be sure to leave your name and email under the appropriate fields.